Blazon: Gules four palets argent and a chief of the last chequy of the field, overall issuant from a mount in base a pine tree proper surmounted by a baton in bend sinister, interwoven with the palets or
The town has been in existence since 1496, with official incorporation coming in 1783. The region’s lush pine forests may be the source for the tree in the arms.
Blazon: Vert a pale wavy or within a bordure argent charged with five horseshoes sable, on a chief of the second between two lozenges a cresset sable fired proper
Crest: On a wreath of the colors the battlements of a tower proper issuant therefrom between two croizers or an oak tree also proper fructed and ensigned by a crown of fleurs-de-lis of the first
Supporters: On the dexter a unicorn argent armed and crined or gorged with a collar pendant therefrom a cross flory gules; on the sinister a leopard proper gorged with a collar gules pendant therefrom a fleur-de-lis or
Mantling: Vert lined or
Motto: Per laborem progredimur (By hard work we progress)
The pale wavy evidently represents the river Amber, while the lozenges and cresset symbolize the coal and iron industries. The horseshoes on the bordure are taken from (one of the versions of) the arms of the Ferrers family.
Blazon: Vert between a finial and a pine tree couped a covered staircase in bend argent, windowed sable
Both the finial and the covered staircase are drawn from the architecture of the local church of St. James the Elder. The pine tree represents the forests in the region, and their importance to both the forestry and the tourism industries.
Blazon: Per pale gules and argent a pine tree eradicated vert, in chief three molets of five points in chevron counterchanged
The village is located in the Bregenzer Wald area, which is symbolized by the pine tree. The three molets stand for the three municipalities incorporated to form the modern Damüls: Damüls, Uga, and Schwende.