In use since at least 1965
Blazon: Gules four palets argent and a chief of the last chequy of the field, overall issuant from a mount in base a pine tree proper surmounted by a baton in bend sinister, interwoven with the palets or
The town has been in existence since 1496, with official incorporation coming in 1783. The region’s lush pine forests may be the source for the tree in the arms.
Blazon: Per fess argent issuant from a triple mount in base vert a ladder gules and of the last a stag statant or
The ladder (leiter) is a canting allusion to the first lords of Krauchenwies, the Lords of Leiterberg.
Blazon: Argent on a mount vert a castle in ruin gules, in chief on a point dexter sable a bendlet and a molet of six points of the field and in sinister chief a like molet of the fourth
The municipal arms incorporate elements of each of the three former towns that form the present-day Herdwangen-Schönach. The castle is from Großschönach (where it was a depiction of Ramsberg Castle), the molets from Herdwangen, and the bendlet from Oberndorf.
Granted 1445?; possibly in use since 1278
Blazon: Azure on a mount in base between two trees proper a tower argent, roofed gules, portcullis and pennon or
The exact date of the grant is unclear, but it certainly occurred before 1627; there is a reference to the now-missing grant in a document from that year by Emperor Ferdinand II.
Blazon: Azure on a triple mount in base proper a stag salient or bearing in the mouth an arrow sable fletched gules and argent
The first written reference to the village dates back to 854, when Louis the German awarded the area to the diocese of Constance.
Granted 2015; in use since at least 1932
Blazon: Gules on a mount in base argent a stag springing or, bearing in the mouth a branch proper
It is unclear when (or if) the arms were officially granted, but a grant of the above arms was issued upon the merger of Deutschfeistritz and Großstübing.
Granted 1985; in use since 1810
Blazon: Per bend or and azure, issuant from a mount in base a stalk of wheat proper between two plowshares addorsed argent
The name can be roughly translated as “wave border” and presumably refers to the Rußbach, which formerly flowed through the village green and caused considerable flooding. The river was diverted away from the town in 1772.