Arms of Rottweil, Germany (city)


Granted 1955

Blazon: Or an eagle displayed sable, armed and langued gules, charged on the breast with a passion cross paté of the field


Arms of Lauterbach, Germany


In use since 1746?

Blazon: Azure two war scythe blades palewise addorsed argent

The war scythe is a polearm that probably evolved from the more well-known agricultural tool. For somewhat obvious reasons, the war scythe was a popular weapon in many peasant uprisings. Its appearance in these arms, however, comes from the noble family of Bissingen-Nippenburg, who ruled the area around Schramberg since about 1648.