Arms of William de Saint Leger

Saint Leger

From the Dering Roll (c. 1270-1300)

Blazon: Azure fretty argent a chief gules

The Saint Leger name was first recorded in England as the lords of Ulcombe in Kent. William de Saint Leger (c. 1155-1220) married Joan de Sackville and had four children.

Advertisements

Arms of St. Edmundsbury Borough Council, England

Arms in use since 1606; no date known for the rest of the achievement

Blazon: Azure a representation of the Sword of St. Edmundsbury Borough Council in its scabbard proper between in fess two pairs of arrows in saltire argent each pair enfiled by an ancient crown or

Crest: On a wreath of the colors upon a grassy mount a wolf sejant proper dexter paw upon a king’s head couped at the neck also proper crowned or

Supporters: On the dexter a lion rampant chevronelly or and gules charged on the shoulder with a roundel gules fretty or, on the sinister an ounce* sable bezanté collared compony counter-compony argent and azure and charged on the shoulder with a roundel or fretty sable

Mantling: Gules lined argent

Motto: Sacrarium regis cunabula legis (Shrine of the king, cradle of the law)

*Snow leopard