Arms of Bühlerzell, Germany

Buehlerzell

In use since at least 1987

Blazon: Argent a church tower gules windowed sable and surmounted by a passion cross or, in chief an antler fesswise of the third; overall a base wavy azure

The church depicted in the arms does not bear much resemblance to the existing church, but it may refer to one of the previous two churches built on that site.

Advertisements

Arms of Böheimkirchen, Austria

Boeheimkirchen

Granted 1952

Blazon: Per pale azure a church on a mount in base proper, in chief the letter Y or, and argent a wolf rampant gules

Both the wolf and the letter Y derive from the municipal arms of nearby regions. The red wolf, also known as the “Passau wolf,” has been used by the diocese of Passau since at least 1259. The Y is an abbreviation of “Yppolytus,” or St. Hippolytus of Rome, after whom the diocese of St. Pölten was named. The church is probably a depiction of the local church of St. James. The current building dates back to the 14th century, but mentions of a church on the same site date back to 985.