Blazon: Per pale azure a church on a mount in base proper, in chief the letter Y or, and argent a wolf rampant gules
Both the wolf and the letter Y derive from the municipal arms of nearby regions. The red wolf, also known as the “Passau wolf,” has been used by the diocese of Passau since at least 1259. The Y is an abbreviation of “Yppolytus,” or St. Hippolytus of Rome, after whom the diocese of St. Pölten was named. The church is probably a depiction of the local church of St. James. The current building dates back to the 14th century, but mentions of a church on the same site date back to 985.