Blazon: Per quarterly argent and gules a cross quarterly counterchanged
These are potentially a variation on the arms of the bishopric of Constance (argent a cross gules.) The town belonged to the monastery of Reichenau from 799 until until about the 13th century, and the monastery was subsequently ceded to Constance. It’s possible that later researchers conflated the two.
Blazon: Per fess argent a stag’s attires gules and vert a hunting horn of the first
The nearby forest, the Kaiserwald, was frequently used for hunting since the 13th century, which is reflected in the charges here.
Blazon: Per pale azure six molets of as many points in pile argent within a bordure indented throughout of the first and the second and per quarterly or and azure, four lozenges counterchanged
The arms on the dexter half of the shield are those of the Altieri family. This may be due to the fact that Felice Rospigliosi, the brother of Pope Clement IX, was elevated to cardinal by Pope Clement X (born Emilio Altieri) in 1673.
Blazon: Per pale argent a cross of Santiago gules and azure a tower of the first
These may partly be canting arms, as “Terrinches” may be derived from “Torreblanca,” or “white tower.” Alternatively, the sinister half of the arms may be a reference to the town’s defensive importance during the Reconquista. The dexter half reflects the town’s previous ownership by the Order of Santiago.
In use since at least 2008
Blazon: Per fess I per bend sinister gules two hammers in saltire or and of the last a plowshare of the first, II of the first a stag statant of the second
The stag is drawn from the arms of the county that shares its name with the village, while the hammers represent the local steelworks and the plowshare stands for agriculture.
From the Dering Roll (c. 1270-1300)
Blazon: Gules a maunch argent
Either this Jo[h]n de la Mare or his son of the same name was responsible for building Nunney Castle in Somerset. Eventually, Nunney Castle and the other lordships held by the de la Mares passed to William Paulet, Marquess of Winchester.
Blazon: Azure three fleurs-de-lis in pall points to the exterior argent
The earliest records of Dobersberg occur around 1230 in the tithing records of the local monastery of St. George.